Wondering how to improve eyesight naturally so you can get rid of your glasses?
From laptops to smartphones, we keep our eyes busy gazing at these gadgets all day every day. This ultimately affects our vision. Apart from it, lack of sleep, overworking and smoking also lead to decreased eyesight. Those who suffer with vision problems have two ways to fix them. Either, they can opt for Laser vision correction or wear corrective lenses. However, there are some natural ways which you can embrace to improve your eyesight.
How to Improve Eyesight Naturally With Diet?
Start intake of these nutrients to function optimally.
- Vitamins A, C, E rich foods are essential to eyesight.
- Consume egg yolks, dark green vegetables, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, and yellow peppers. Since these foods contain antioxidants, such as beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin which aids in protecting retina from sun damage.
- Opt for foods that are rich in sulphur, lecithin and cysteine, like onions, garlic, and shallots. It prevents the eyes from cataract formation.
- Grapes and blueberries also help in improving your vision due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fatty acid DHA boosts eye health by providing structural support to cell membranes. It is found in salmon, mackerel, sardines, and cod.
How to Improve Eyesight Naturally With Exercises?
Here are some exercises that will take no more than 10 minutes to do. Here’s what to do.
- Use the warm technique. Rub your palms to make them warm and keep them on eyes for a minute. Just like any other muscle, your eye muscles need some exercise to stay strong.
- Try the round-a-clock exercise. It will require you to imagine something while keeping your eyes closed. No peeking and rotate them clockwise 5 times. Now, let’s do the same in counter-clockwise direction. This way you will give your eyes a good workout.
- Blinking for a minute is an effective way to relax your eyes. It has three functions. It helps grease your eyes, cleanse them and give them a moment away from light. Frequent blinking also reduces the likelihood of your eyes to become dry, and inflammatory.
- Strengthen your eyes’ near and far focusing. Either hold an object at arm’s length or place your thumb about 10 inches away from face. Focus on it for 10-15 seconds. Now, slowly bring the pen near to you until it’s about 6 inches away from your nose. Then slowly move it back and do the same, 10 times in all.
- Slightly push against your temples with your fingers. This exercise involves massaging your temples and improves the flow of intraocular fluid.
Effective Tips to enhance vision naturally!
Follow these tips to sharpen your eyesight so you can view your way ahead to a bright future.
- Keep your eyes clean. Just like your face, your eyes need proper hygiene. Cold water works fine for getting rid of all waste that collects in your eyes overnight.
- R&R is essential for eye health. A full 8-hours sleep allows your eyes sufficient time to rest, relax and recover.
- It is recommended to take 10 minutes break for every 50 minutes spent in front of computer or reading a book.
Now, you have numerous tips and strategies on how to improve your eyesight naturally. Follow these relaxation exercises and consume healthy foods. Stay committed to these tips on regular basis and see great results.